Sibton and Peasenhall Oil Syndicate (SPOILS) arranges the supply of heating oil, at bulk prices, on behalf of the residents of the villages in the area around Sibton and Peasenhall
- Lower prices. We average 2-5p/litre less than individually placed orders.
- Scheduled deliveries.
- Less impact on local roads, lower Carbon Footprint for the area.
- One Price, everyone pays the same price per litre! No surcharge for small amounts (500 litre minimum delivery).
- Less hassle – we phone round, agree a price & delivery, choose the supplier and then place your order
The service is FREE to join and is operated by SPOILS on behalf of the residents of our villages with the assurance that the syndicate has absolutely no connection with the oil industry and is carried out on an entirely voluntary basis.
Members can expect significant savings against the lowest ‘individual order’ prices.
The scheme operates on 6 simple steps:
- Members place their oil request, in response to the “Order E-mail” which they will receive ten days before the Order Date
- The day after the Order Date, all the requests are aggregated to achieve a bulk figure.
- Following that, several suppliers will be contacted to obtain the best price & delivery per litre for the bulk figure.
- Members receive an email confirming final price, delivery and payment arrangements as well as the details of the supplier making the deliveries.
- The individual member’s requests will then be forwarded to the chosen supplier.
- The supplier will be asked to contact each member to make the necessary arrangements for payment and delivery. (you may not be contacted if you have bought oil from the supplier before or have not stated a reason to do so in your registration details)
Placements are currently made six times a year, in alternate months. Currently the planned Order Dates for these placements a
- 12th January 2020
- 10th March 2020
- 10th May 2020
- 12th July 2020
- 10th September 2020
- 10th November 2020
Order Dates may be subject to change according to supply and market conditions, seasonal demands, the capabilities of the delivery company, and outside influences beyond our control.
Join / Register – use the panel on the right to sign up for the club.
See the FAQ page for ‘Frequently Asked Questions’ and the answers.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Chris Norrington, Jude Ilett, John O’Connor